Happy New Year

Good Morning!

I want to share something I shared on Facebook the other day.  It's a new year.  It's 2014 BABY!!  Whoo HOO!!!  I would say that its a new year and that it is a new me but no I like this better...."It's a Better Year and It's a Better Me." So without further ado let me share my thoughts prior to the end of the year and after. 

December 27, 2013:  Up early on this Sunday morning reflecting over this year and life. I have come to another point where I realize I constantly evolve and it doesn't require some life altering event to occur. In the upcoming days, I have a list of things I... will complete to end this year on a good note, goals to carryover into 2014 to improve upon and people, worries and simply dead weight that will be purged forever. This year I've made some mistakes, learned a couple valuable lessons and realized some things ARE important to me. I have loved unconditionally, realized I am strong in new areas challenged, learned there is a difference between settling and compromise, have some AWESOME memories and SO BLESSED to have the most AMAZING people in my life. I know happiness is not a destination so I have many more pivotal moments ahead. Yet, even with the ups and downs, twists and turns, suspense, blissfully exciting and peaceful times I wouldn't change or trade one thing, one person or experience to get me here or where I am about to go. It's MY time! It's also OUR time FB folks so let's end this year with as much gusto as we can muster, collect our war chests and take all the Blessings waiting for us in 2014....
 


 
Just to elaborate a bit with you, I have a plethora of desires, hopes and dreams.  Entering into 2013 I was unsure of what the year would bring however, being in a relationship I thought at least one dream would be fulfilled and when that ended it was disheartening to say the least.  I thought about the mistakes I made, the things in life I did not have and how almost all my friends are announcing amazing life accomplishments.   I even began picking away at my own desires and whether they were realistic and how throughout the year I had shelved many of my dreams to pick up realistic ones that were safe and made sense in my relationship plans and family obligations.  Ultimately, I realized that I had not just compromised but settled into a life of monotony yet having a different expectation and desire.  Doesn't make sense, right?  Not to me either now and I'm almost embarrassed to share it.  I am a natural optimist and have high expectations of myself and others in my life.  Because of this I know it also contributed to the disappointment.  I wasn't living my life the way I am purposed and Thank God everything didn't work out as planned.  I can truly say that now.  However, as the rolled on as life has a tendency to do I realized that life is not perfect and there is no perfect formula to have it all.  Which I still believe you can have it all however with that comes much of these stuff we don't like also.  With that life is a culmination of experiences - sometimes good and  bad. 
 
Now that it is literally a new day and with it a new year.  I am excited about the possibilities.  I am set to go about completing goals, living my dreams and exceling in this life.  With the good will come adversity so I will also deal with the trials one day at a time.  I look forward to some big things manifesting this year and I will be updating you all the way.  As a final note, just because I have these expectations I am also fluid to the change or better yet evolution that is inevitable.  I am different and I embrace there will be unorthodox ways I will have to take to reach this purpose filled life.  That people in my life that matter the most will love me in spite of.  That I have and will have some amazing life accomplishments to announce also.  So as these goals, desires and dreams evolve I will DO MY BEST to BE MY BEST.  I will enjoy all the moments along the way this year and as a goal will strive to be a "BETTER" me.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are you Ready??

Offense vs. Love and Purposeful thinking

Make others a Believer