The One

Good Morning World!

I'm not the biggest television person and especially not into the latest reality but not so reality shows, so I'm probably very late when talking about this. On MTV, I noticed there is a show called the One that is currently casting. The concept is this. Basically, they are taking singles and putting them in a house to interact with each other old school. Meaning without social media, texting, etc. I thought great concept! This is the kicker though. They are casting children. Well, maybe they are not technically children. They are adults 21-24.

Now I don't know about you but who had problems finding the one in that age range? Also, how many people are looking for the one as soon as you're able to legally drink? But then again maybe I'm a little jaded because while I'm a member of the big 3-0 club along with many exceptional women and men in the same predicament I would think this would be more a target. I mean who wants to see another show with twenty something's running around doing things they should have done while in college or journeying through young adulthood?  Or better yet, hasn't MTV and BET exploited all the tails of college days and the entry into adulthood with shows like "The Real World" and "College Hill"?  How many ways can we show how uninhibited individuals are and the search to figure out who they are and there place in the world while mixing in polar opposite personalities in the same house with tons of sex, unresolved anger and a major dysfunction? 

I would love to see a show that explores the live of individuals mid-career, at the top of their game or maybe making a total career change tackling relationship issues they may have placed on the back burner or maybe coming from a divorce.  Maybe individuals looking to blend their already made families or those having problems starting one.  How about looking into the dating lives of widows or military men and women?  Women that have been the trophy all their lives and now coming to the realization that life is more than just one big party.  Men that have loved and lost or become jaded by the thought all together.  Basically, a show that shows not just the dysfunction but lives coming together and making sense and confronting fears and real issues.  This is a show that I want to see and until then I must say many shows will not make my already minimal weekly television rotation.

I wonder if anyone else feels this way. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are you Ready??

Offense vs. Love and Purposeful thinking

Make others a Believer