HAPPY NEW.....what???

 
Dear World,
 
Where did the time go? I mean really. I can still remember what I was doing when 2014 made its grand entrance filled with hope, promise and utter excitement.  As time went on, it almost seemed to be overflowing with New York minutes.  Don't get me wrong, there were some great moments that I will treasure forever and thanks to modern technology I have the pictures to prove it.  However along the way the sense of urgency was more pronounced with unfathomable events causing the course to change and a desperate scramble to salvage "the plan".   Yes.  The infamous curly girl plan.  I will talk about that in another post. For me, eventually the year lost steam leaving behind the aftermath of a storm with major clean up necessary.  Although this made good conversation catching up with loved ones during the holidays it also made a great point of reflection going into the new year.   And just like that, the year quietly slipped out the back door like a house guest having worn out their welcome and now 2015 is here in full effect. 
 
While many have made new promises and declared to the heavens with a resounding "New Year New Me", I decided to continue "the plan" and complete goals incomplete in the prior year. In addition to moving ahead with pending life changes, goals and dreams I also decided to show more gratitude and live with purpose.  The idea that so much can happen within a span of 365 days has caused me to see things in a different perspective, not take things so seriously if "the plan" has to be altered yet value time and the experience. On Day One of 2015 I put this into practice. 
 
In prior posts, I talked about my travel itinerary and exotic locations I will be visiting this year.  However, at the end of the year, I also decided to include other locations within the country that also have amazing history and attractions.  To follow through with this idea, I started the year with a mini trip to Chattanooga, TN.  It was not planned and in my experience mini trips are almost always the best to experience this way.  It was a split second decision and I must admit I was impressed. Impressed with myself and the city.  Myself with the ability to navigate my surroundings, come up with an impromptu plan of what I wanted to do and my growing ability to socialize with strangers with ease.  I was equally impressed with what the city had to offer.  The entire time I was greeted by friendly faces and those willing to give me all the information I needed to get the full experience of the city.  The mini excursion was packed with shopping, nice strolls downtown, catching a couple well known sites, eating amazing food, meeting new people and collecting a list of even more things to do upon my next visit. My hotel was amazing with a great staff and I even wrote a review on Trip Advisor to share my appreciation with the accommodations.  It rained for a good portion of my stay and I did not have the opportunity to get many pictures but upon my next visit will give you a photo documentary of my upcoming adventures. 
 
With that said, I brought in the year with a new experience and plenty of gratitude.  Even though I do not know what the future holds for 2015, I go into this year full of hope and faith there are many great things ahead. 
 
 
Until Next time...
 
Curly Girl
 
 
 
P.S. If you ever find yourself in Chattanooga below is a list of a things I suggest you check out. There is much more to do in this city, however this is a short list of attractions that came highly recommended multiple times by natives of the city.  
 
  • Lookout Mountain
  • Ruby Falls
  • Market Street Bridge
  • The Arts District
  • Tennessee Aquarium
  • Blue Water Grille
  • Tony's Pasta Shop and Trattoria
  • The North Shore shopping area
  • Hamilton Place and Northgate Malls
  • 212 Market Restaurant
  • Southern Belle Riverboat Cruise
  • Chattanooga Choo Choo

 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are you Ready??

Offense vs. Love and Purposeful thinking

Birthday Curly