Some Habits Are Not Meant To Be Broken

Dear World,
I've developed a habit. It is one of the best habits I ever could have developed. It provides so much peace and assurance that I wonder why I hadn't started earlier. I am talking about spending significant time in the mornings developing a relationship with the big man upstairs. Yeah. GOD.  I'm not going to get preachy or run through a long list of religious antecdotes. And for the record, I believe spirituality can encompass religion as well as an appreciation of life, love, purpose, and connection of every thing past and present.  With this in mind, judgment, resentment, divisiveness, discouragement, hypocrisy, negativity do not take up residence in my life. I have no use for it or space. In my mind, these things takes up unnecessary room, time and energy that could be spent productively. In saying all that I am finally at the point where I realize that I do not need all the answers. Some things I will never understand. Some things that happen to or through me have absolutely nothing to do with me. It wasn't my lesson. I don't have it all figured out. And you know what? I'm perfectly fine with this. So, I have been working on filling myself up with more relational activities with God so that I can navigate better through this life. You want to know what verse is serving as confirmation for me? Seriously, almost everyday. I could write a blog on these experiences alone! This is divine confirmation for me regarding some things however, I'm going to share because it may even be for you.
Phillippians 4:9
Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me--put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.
Well, I have to go enjoy some sites in a new favorite city. Post coming soon. It is my hope this post finds you in great spirits with lots of love, peace and happiness. Love you!
Sincerely,
Curly Girl

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are you Ready??

Offense vs. Love and Purposeful thinking

Birthday Curly