All work and no play?

Dear World,
 
I am so sorry for my silence.  This has been an interesting year already.  It has been good with a couple uncomfortable snags but mostly good.  Yay! (Happy Dance)

In this post I want to share with you just a few images of some after work play I've managed to sneak in within the first few months of this year.  As you will see, I have been burning up the road and air and I want to share a couple reasons why I have been MIA.  
 
Enjoy!
 
 
The first few pics were taken while sightseeing in DC.  While this was not my first visit to the city, it was the first time I made time to see the city beyond work.  It was refreshing to finally see the historic side in addition to great shopping, eating amazing food and experiencing a bit of nightlife. 
 
DC and GEORGETOWN
 
Of course I am a huge history buff and reformed nerd but who knew that I would actually remember this???
As they gazed intently upon the wall, I wondered if they remembered the words also or were becoming familiar with them for the first time.    
 
 
Filomena's
This was so yummy.  It seemed as though they pulled every animal out of the ocean, seasoned to perfection and prepared just for me! This was a mouthwatering dish I ordered at the authentic Italian restaurant Filomena's in Georgetown.  If you are ever in the area you must stop by. 
They make the pasta from scratch!  Eek!!!

 Now who could resist some live music during brunch?  This sweet spot in DC that I had the pleasure of dining is named Georgia Brown's.  The food is AMAZING.  The atmosphere is just as phenomenal.  This is a foodie's dream.
Georgia Brown's

 ORLANDO
After a month of endless work days, I had the pleasure to experience a bit of peace in Orlando for a weekend before my next call to duty. 

  The sunset confirmed peace after one hectic work week.
The Wyndam Resort, Orlando
Cirque Du Soleil - La Nouba

SELMA


This picture was taken at a special screening of this movie. 

Being in the same space with this lady is definitely a highlight. 
A month later at 50th Commemoration of the Selma to Montgomery March
After a long exhausting day and inspiring speech I see the first family. 


 
A parting gift 

Not a bad start to the year and I have many more adventures up my sleeves so stay tuned.  I promise to be better with taking more pictures and keeping in touch.  You know I can never stay away from you for long.  Wishing you all much love, light and peace.
 
Until next time,
 
Curly Girl.      

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are you Ready??

Offense vs. Love and Purposeful thinking

Make others a Believer