Art. Art. Art Crawl.

Dear World,
 
Guess what I've figured out. I am an artist! I know that sounds like an unusual discovery for someone to make. I mean, don't you just know???? Well, let me explain.
 
I've always had a soft place in my heart for all things art. I grew up singing in the church and school choirs.  Spent countless days getting lost in creating song lyrics, various paintings and drawings still exhibited throughout my family's home.  At some point, I developed a strong passion for writing and now have a collection of poetry, short stories and even now trying my hand at book. I took acting classes in college and was even encouraged by my thespian instructors to make the leap from the conservative Political Science major to the arts.  The optimistic realist in me stayed on course.  Nevertheless, I continued to learn.  I learned how to make jewelry and was taught at an early age to sew many beautiful creations by my grandmother. And as most women, I have a passion for clothing and it's been a secret desire to design and create clothing someday.



You see where I am going with this? I have a burning desire to create. Is that not what an artist is? The ability to create something new or different.  Things like music, paintings, clothing, writings that inspire and causes others to look at the world and ourselves differently. Sigh. 





To better explain the rant, I recently visited an outdoor art show called "Art Crawl" in Alabama that inspired me. Some of the pieces challenged me to expand my way of thinking and look at things in terms of the possibilities.  To see pieces of work with elements that should work against each other yet make something beautiful. This show inspired me to embrace the artistic side of myself that I have suppressed in order to climb the corporate ladder. Challenges me to think about my passions and the pursuit thereof.




A person I know jokes me all the time about me being an undercover hippee. Many others recognize my free spirit and passion for life. Who knows?  Maybe I am a bit of both-hippie and optimistic realist but I must say these days the term I most relate to most is artist.



Check these photos out from my recent adventure.






Until next time. 
Curly girl.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are you Ready??

Offense vs. Love and Purposeful thinking

Birthday Curly