Old Fashioned Values for a Contemporary Girl

Hello World!
 
I've missed you!  I have been soooo busy lately.  I know I may sound so cliché right now but I really am.  However, I just can't stay away from you for too long.  So as I was going through my posts, I noticed that I did not submit the last post about dating.  However, I believe I want to keep this one short and sweet. 
 
I saw a photo today posted by one of my Facebook friends and I must say it struck a cord with me. It is a beautifully illustrated image of a woman and man on a date. I began thinking about my dating life and the ones I've had over the years. Some were funny, romantic, mind numbing boring, and so amazingly over the top.  However, as I get older the more I realize times have changed.  When did dating become replaced by hanging out? As a 30 plus woman I have a very hard time taking anyone seriously even mentioning this.  Maybe it is a proposition to not scare off a commitment phobe or someone riding the fence about whether they are even interested.  But of course my Virgo self would say think this. 
 
One thing that I do know is that even though I am the same person in general, I have changed. I am more open minded, open to change and new ways of doing things. As it relates to dating, I am open to social networking, using other methods like Skype, FaceTime, text messages, and other forms to communicate with an individuals I'm vibing with.  Yet, with all these technological advances my old fashioned values have not changed. I love the face to face interaction and phone calls.  I enjoy fun, creative dates, flowers and opening doors.  I treasure consistency and manly pursuits, old fashioned courting, chivalry and not the assumption of intimacy.  I love someone that cares about my opinions, values, hopes, dreams and someone genuinely attempting to get to know me. 
 
Even though I may have been scarred in the area of love a time or two, my optimism about being found by it has not waned.  It is always exhilarating to come in contact with others that are open minded about the world, our place in it, enjoy new experiences and meeting people yet place values on relationships(romantic and not), loyalty, integrity, honesty, trust, truth and love. That is not afraid to get in there and see where things can go without any distractions and seriously ready to discover the possibilities. 
 
I know that my ability to be open to new ways of doing things, still maintain a positive outlook and possess strong core values are a rarity and it is my hope that as one of the unicorns of the 21st Century I find my mate in this big world. Of course I will be updating you every step I take. 
 
 
Until next time....

 
Curly Girl.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are you Ready??

Offense vs. Love and Purposeful thinking

Make others a Believer