Maybe I Should Call

Dear World,

I was in my thoughts today and I thought of HIM. Couldn't express the feelings in a way that made sense so of course you get some quick poetry.  Thanks for allowing me to purge and go about my day which is going great by the way contrary to the thoughts expressed.  

Until next time...

Curly Girl
 
 
I heard a song today

And it reminded me of him.

The first thing I wanted to do was call-

To hear his baritone vibrate through my phone

But conversation now seems like a distant memory

I remember jokes and debates about the minor things

The way his freckles always appear in the summer time.

That he always knew just how to touch me.


I always felt safe in his arms

and believed he felt the love he professed to me.

Too bad the major things that always turned out to not be so major, always made him run away.

What we had was simply too intense to slow those fast feet and fearful heartbeats

Now I’ve run out of things to say.

I’ve run out of reasons why I should supply the words to make him stay

Reasoning the why and why not

Reasons to see what can be

Reasons why I should pick up the phone to connect what I did not break

Here I am staring at the numbers

And hearing the dial tone.

The familiar sound of silence from the other end

Growing louder than my heartache.

So as the minutes pass and memories fade to that quiet place 

the screen goes dark. 

And I think to myself, maybe I should call. 

But moment floats away answered with


Nah.  Not Today. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are you Ready??

Offense vs. Love and Purposeful thinking

Make others a Believer