Caught in the Storm


Caught in the Storm

By N.C. (Curly Girl)
 

In an ocean of love again
I’m found swimming in bliss.
Second guessing strong currents
that is storming my backward forward.
The pieces of what remain floats by.
Must hold my breath and yield to the tide

To catch my stride and I swim into
the shore of answers to questions
Some new
Some old
Bringing me closer
To the island of girlish dreams.
Now as the clouds melts and the blue

Skies take a back seat to
the bright sunshine.  Making it a

blinding introduction.
While hiding my toes in white sand

I am overwhelmed and standing
on the edge or reason - enveloped
by the Buds of trumpets
Roses
And sweet smells of honeysuckle.
I have avoided this island
of paradise with a thousand curses.

Then it washes over me. 
The sweet breeze.
The warm feelings that I cannot place or ignore
It welcomes me back with leis and native dances. 
Urging me.
Wanting me.
Blessing me.
While leaning on the limber trees
In waiting.
I’m back.
I’m here. 
And completely swept away
Shipwrecked
I am in love….



Photo Credit: Unknown


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are you Ready??

Offense vs. Love and Purposeful thinking

Make others a Believer